Peppermint Hydrosol, which is steam distilled from freshly harvested Peppermint Leaves has cooling effect on skin. Though the menthol content of the hydrosols cool down the skin, yet being extremely mild, it doesn't play with skin barrier. It is one of the dynamic hydrosol to try.
- It relaxes the body by freeing stress, cooling down body heat and relieving bloating, headaches and menstrual cramps.
- It also improves digestion, sleep, focus, breathe smell and body infections (being anti bacterial).
- It can be added to drinks, beverages or culinary items to enhance their taste.
- It makes a great toner for the skin, and can be used multiple times a day.
- It will hydrate the skin, while providing cooling/calming benefits to it.
- It helps with reversal of sun/wind damage. However, only a sunscreen can help the skin from UV Rays.
- It is also known to help with extreme skin conditions such as skin irritation, inflammation, psoriasis, rosacea, etc.
- It also helps oily skin to regulate the oil production, and hence, look of skin pores.
- It can be sprayed on scalp for refreshment, headaches, and to cure even dandruff or allergies
How to use Hydrosols?
- Add required drops of the hydrosol to warm water, mix well and consume.
- Add required drops of hydrosol in the beverage or culinary item of your choice.
- Spray it on your face after cleansing, and apply serum/moisturiser on damp skin.
- Mix the hydrosol with any powdered cleanser/mask to activate it.
- Spray them on face while travelling for cooling effects.
- Spray it on your scalp/hair before applying oil or serum to reduce frizz.
Peppermint Hydrosol [Edible]
Hydrosols are herbal water, obtained by condensation of the water that has been evaporated (a process of known as distillation). The water that is being distilled has the herb (flower, root, branch, etc) inside the boiler, due to which the water soluble content of the herb is mixed with distilled water (called Hydrosol). These are suitable for all skin types, and are potent herbal waters for consumption as well