Holy Basil (Ocimum Sanctum) is one of the superior variety of Basil. It has both- aromatic and medicinal value. Being warm in nature, it helps heal Kapha and Vata.
- It balances the metabolism process of the body, thus, improving digestive system.
- It flushes out toxins from the system, thus, purifying the body.
- It is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal in nature. Hence, it prevents and treats infections, including cold & cough.
- It purifies the pores of the skin, balances oil production, reduces occurence of blacheads and acne.
- It also soothes the skin, relieves the itch and reduces the dandruff.
How to use Hydrosols?
- Add required drops of the hydrosol to warm water, mix well and consume.
- Add required drops of hydrosol in the beverage or culinary item of your choice.
- Spray it on your face after cleansing, and apply serum/moisturiser on damp skin.
- Mix the hydrosol with any powdered cleanser/mask to activate it.
- Spray them on face while travelling for cooling effects.
- Spray it on your scalp/hair before applying oil or serum to reduce frizz.
Basil Hydrosol [Edible]
Hydrosols are herbal water, obtained by condensation of the water that has been evaporated (a process of known as distillation). The water that is being distilled has the herb (flower, root, branch, etc) inside the boiler, due to which the water soluble content of the herb is mixed with distilled water (called Hydrosol). These are suitable for all skin types, and are potent herbal waters for consumption as well